Diverters, Pushers, & Gates
Controlling the continuous flow of products through the line is critical to maintain efficiency. Product Flow is achieved using a variety of methods and components depending upon the product, flow path and equipment with which to interface.
Diverters & Gates
Product can be diverted using static guides and plows or dynamic gates and paddles.
- Changes product direction to single or multiple locations
- Often used to meter flow to specific areas or to separate products based on certain attributes
- Control via proximity switches, photo eyes and counters is typical
- Motion can be achieved via pneumatic or electric components
Pushers can be mounted at the side of the conveyor or overhead depending upon the product and stroke length required.
- Moves product from the conveyor perpendicular to the flow.
- Used to remove or transfer parts to other equipment or conveyors.
- Also used to create horizontal stacks of products.
- Control via proximity switches, photo eyes and counters is typical.
- Motion can be achieved via pneumatic or electric components.
Multiple product lanes can be created across the width of the belt.
- Accumulate large quantity of product
- Divert product across lanes
- Merge multiple lanes to a single lane
- Support unstable product